Question by  hernando (30)

Where can I obtain free birth records for my children?


Answer by  gleverance (720)

There's usually a nominal charge to obtain them through the state department of health, vital records division. You may be able to request a fee waiver.


Answer by  dtalk (428)

You need to go to the hospital your child was born in. Hospitals choose if they charge for birth records or not. You can check with a local government office to see if they keep copies of them, but that is unlikely. If you ask nicely and say you can't afford it, the hospital may do it for free.

You have 50 words left!