Question by  worker9269 (16)

What kind of advanced degrees can you pursue after getting an Associate's Degree in Health Administration?


Answer by  patti (29325)

An AD in Health Admin is a gateway for a four-year degree in public health or hospital administration, among others. The school offering the AD should be able to detail options that follow the degree, including a list of partner schools that accept the credits of the program.


Answer by  daintysabrina (148)

The first bachelor's degree that I would recommend would be business, which would secure you for an administration job regardless of the industry. You could also pursue degrees in biology, medicine, humanities. The possibilities are endless.


Answer by  worker2746 (2434)

You can obtain your BS and then pursue a Master in public health administration and work as a nursing home administrator.


Answer by  Dean (4035)

After an Associate's Degree, subsequent degrees include Bachelor's, Master's and PhD. Each level narrows the focus of study more than the previous level. Many, but not all, universities offer program in health administration or related fields, but those that do may not offer graduate or doctoral programs in those fields.


Answer by  djb228 (510)

After an Associate's degree, the next level is a Bachelor's (4-year college)Degree which could be in Health Care Administration or more generally in Management or Business. Most top-level administrators in health care organizations have an MBA (Master of Business Administration) or MPH (Master of Public Health) degree, a graduate degree requiring 2-3 years to complete.


Answer by  11618912 (81)

You can go on to get a Bachelors and Masters in Health Administration. You can also go for a nursing degree if you want to get more involved with direct patient care. You could tie that directly into public health and welfare or public safety. An associates in health administration is a good jumping off point for many different options.


Answer by  hwietlisbach (62)

If you decide to pursue advanced degrees in Health Administration, you can obtain a Bachelor and a Masters in Health Administration. Some schools also offer a Doctorate in Health Administration.


Answer by  walter80 (409)

It is possible to pursue a Master's Degree and eventually a PHD after achieving an Associate's Degree in Health Administration. Higher degrees like these will require research and a dissertation or thesis. Sometimes employers are prepared to sponsor a worker if the research is in an area that would prove mutually beneficial.


Answer by  mammakat (11147)

You can parley this degree into a number of Bachelor's programs, based on your interests. Even if you decide to change your field, a lot of your core credits are applicable to many Bachelor's programs. Business Administration is one, as are many Social Service or Medically based programs.

You have 50 words left!