Question by  priya (10)

What can you tell me about going back to the military?

I would like to rejoin the army.


Answer by  patti (29325)

It depends on the circumstances of your earlier separation. Speak to a recruiter for the best advice on how to proceed.


Answer by  Dean (4035)

To to the U.S. Army's website (goarmy) and use the Locate A Recruiter button to contact a recruiter in your area. Set up a meeting. This is the best source of reliable information about enlisting with prior service.


Answer by  joebob31 (622)

You will definitely be deployed at some point. There are very few people who have not been overseas which is a little different than it used to be. Also expect long hours at work. The good deals we used to have for deploying are mostly gone.


Answer by  bigreddog (83)

You may be allowed to but they might not let you back in at your discharge rank. You need to find out if your MOS is a need or not.


Answer by  patti (29325)

The best source of information is the U.S. Army recruiter. If you go to the Army's website, there is a link where you can locate a recruiter near you and set up an appointment.


Answer by  John (9008)

If you had an honorable discharge, the army is usually happy to have you re-enlist, especially if you were enlisted rather than being an officer.

You have 50 words left!