Question by  amalia (1)

If my husband has a criminal record, where CAN'T he travel?

We are in Canada.


Answer by  Jack56 (408)

If five years have not passed from the date of conviction or sentencing than he's not allowed to travel. However, after this time period, most convicted felons can move to another county/province provided it meets specific probation rules. However, with foreign travel they can get a passport (after 5 years) but must abide by imposed restrictions in other countries.


Answer by  shall8188 (266)

It depends on the extent of his criminal background. The United States has been known to deny entry, unless there is a special waiver granted. The best thing to do is apply for a visa/passport, and then research the area you will be traveling to make sure it is okay.


Answer by  MarkWatrous (729)

The best way to find this out is to call the embassy of the country that you are planning to travel to. So, if you were going to Australia, you would call the Australian Embassy in Canada and ask what conditions your husband would have to meet to travel there.

You have 50 words left!