Question by  edwardsamuel (13)

How can I clear (expunge) a criminal record in Georgia?

I have a very old criminal record in Georgia and I want it cleared.


Answer by  patti (29325)

You must petition the governor to pardon you. Much depends on the crime, circumstances, your life since then, as well as political connections, contributions and your general contribution to society.


Answer by  Dean (4035)

The Governor of the state issues pardons. Petition him directly. Contributions to both society and his political efforts matter a great deal.


Answer by  vkcopper (358)

To have records "Expunged",applicant has completed sentence and have no additional charges pending. No further record of crimes for the two years following completion of original charges and also has completed a 5 year waiting period.


Answer by  TheAnswerFairy (2345)

Submit a written petition to the court. It can only be cleared if you were not convicted and you have not been convicted of anything in the last 5 years.


Answer by  Huntress (1935)

Your best bet, of course, is to hire a lawyer to help you. If you can't afford that then you need to get all your information together (case numbers, dates, etc). You can search online for the County your case was handled through in George and find forms to print that you can fill out to request expungement.

You have 50 words left!