Question by  vlhunter (24)

Can I get an early release from probation in order to join the military?


Answer by  patti (29325)

It depends on the circumstances of the crime, conviction and probation. Your choices would likely be limited to the U.S. Army. Start your research by gathering up all the legal documentation pertaining to the matter and making an appointment with a recruiter. The U.S. Army website has a link to help locate a recruiter near you.


Answer by  Holly81 (98)

NO, you will need a waver to join the military if you have a criminal record. You need to talk to a recruiter and see if you can get a wavier to even join any branch of the armed forces.


Answer by  sara99 (851)

In most states this is not possible. The courts do not consider military service. The military also needs to know about the court system details to make an decision to accept or reject service. Sometimes it is accepted and sometimes it is rejected. You must be honest and inform them before enlisting. They will discover it.


Answer by  John (9008)

The judge who ordered the probation determines whether or not it can be ended early, although judges tend to listen to the recommendation of the probation officer.

You have 50 words left!