Question by  Susan45 (21)

Will the custodial parent be in contempt if the child does not want to go with the non custodial parent for visitation?

My son does not want to visit his father.


Answer by  fiendishredhead (179)

The short answer is Yes. Some of it depends on the stipulations in your custody/visitation agreement. Unless you have evidence to support the reasons your son doesn't want to go, and you take those reasons in front of the court, your son must go.


Answer by  Roland27 (16334)

Ask your child why he doesn't want to go. If you think it's because his father is putting him in harms way then you should contact someone and get full custody.


Answer by  Rose (6804)

You, your ex husband and the child need to have a heart to heart to decided and determine what is best for the child.


Answer by  SashaDarkCloud (5764)

Yes. Your child going with the non-custodial parent is part of that parents right. Though, your son can go to court and say he doesn't wish to see his father.


Answer by  timmsa (577)

Depending on what the court order says. You can ask to talk to the judge and explain the situation. And depending on the age of the child, the Judge may want to talk to the child and find out why he doesn't want to visit his father.


Answer by  John (9008)

Children do not get a choice in this matter. If you do not give him to the father for visitation, you will be held in contempt.

You have 50 words left!