health conditions


Question by  carol35 (47)

What would you suggest for ankle sprains that are getting worse?

I sprained my ankle several days ago, the pain and swelling has gotten worse over time instead of better, should I see a doctor.


Answer by  Ruby40 (372)

See a doctor for pain and swelling that increase over time. You should be following RICE - Rest, Ice, Compression and Elevation for treating your sprain.


Answer by  Duncan (1124)

You should see a doctor. Until your appointment, take over the counter pain medication and keep the ankle elevated. If you have to walk somewhere, make sure to properly tape the ankle to avoid further injury.


Answer by  technogeek (6640)

You need to keep the ankle elevated as much as possible. Keep it wrapped as much as possible, and stay off of it as much as possible. If you need to walk, use your cane or crutches but do not put on a shoe until the pain goes away.


Answer by  gmedich (93)

Ankle sprains are not the benign injury most people think. If your symptoms are increasing get an appointment with an orthopaedic surgeon to have it evaluated.

You have 50 words left!