health conditions


Question by  Lee (42)

What can be done to treat tendon pain that occurs on top of my ankle?

I had a grade three sprain several months ago and I still get tendon pain from time to time.


Answer by  patti (29325)

Depending on your age and physical condition, it takes a long time for an injury to heal, especially when it is located in such a used, stressed body part. If after a year, you still have pain, or if the pain gets worse in the meantime, consult with an orthopedist.


Answer by  Darry (3853)

Your best bet is to continue the stretching regimen given by your doctor or therapist to treat the original injury. If the pain continues and is difficult to handle you should see your doctor to make sure you did not tear any of the supporting structures. This would require surgery.


Answer by  Shankalot (484)

These types of sprains tend to linger on. A it takes is a little tweak to your angle and the pain comes back. Use a wrap to stop strange movements.


Answer by  kishore16 (29)

Tendon is a connective tissue part of the ankle region. The pain on this part indicates the over weight of the body is the fist reason.


Answer by  tschu (417)

Try applying a heat to it when it bothers you. I would consult with your doctor as you may have fluid on it or it may not have healed right.

You have 50 words left!