legal  taxes


Question by  karen87 (52)

What should I do if I have lost my W2 forms?

I misplaced my W2 forms in a move and need to know what to do.


Answer by  beenthere13 (197)

You should contact your payroll department or HR department to request a duplicate W2 form. You can also find your tax withholding and total income on the last pay stub from the previous year should you have that available.


Answer by  step (309)

If it has been a year (2008) you can get copies of your W2's from the IRS. Current year you just have to write your employer, requesting a copy.


Answer by  Cali2307 (1337)

Contact your employers and request copies of previous year W2's. If you have your paystubs, the needed information should also be on your last paystub from each year.


Answer by  Roger1 (87)

the first thing you could do is contact your employer (former) and ask them for a copy of their file copy - they have to keep them on file for 5 years. If they don't have it, you can contact the irs and tell them you lost your w2 and you need a copy of what they have on file.

You have 50 words left!