Question by  sanmugam (9)

What should I do about an allergic reaction on the ear from jewelry?

I guess I am allergic to my earrings.


Answer by  technogeek (6640)

Wearing hypo-allergenic earrings or pure gold or pure sterling silver should help. If you are allergic to one of those, then stop with that one.


Answer by  Anonymous

Most likely nickel. Dermatologist can patch test. Wear nickel-free (Target), or have jeweler switch out finding if possible. Stick w/ 18K gold, sterling, platinum. Yes, it's a pain. Been there x 30 yrs. & my daughter has it too. Hope this helps!


Answer by  mediajunkie (592)

Many people have gold or silver metal allergies. Titanium or platinum is usually the hypoallergenic earring options. Find some plastic placeholders (tiny plastic rods) that will keep the hole open while you heal and clean the area with ether alcohol and a cotton bud several times a day.


Answer by  bubbyboy (9929)

A lot of people have nickel allergies which make up the biggest part of pierced earrings. You will have to make sure your posts are stainless steel or gold. A lot of earrings are tagged as nickel free. The allergy will go away.


Answer by  Ginny (2251)

Most likely you are allergic to the type of metal from which the earrings are manufactured. Try purchasing a clear, non-toxic nail polish from Almay, Sally Hansen, Revlon, or Honeybee Gardens and carefully brush the parts of the earrings that touch your skin and that go through the lobes if they are pierced.


Answer by  angiem1981 (1059)

The first thing you should do is to immediately remove the earrings and do not wear them anymore. Cleanse the area thoroughly with alcohol.


Answer by  vikkyrs (377)

It is a common thing that men are allergetic from jewellery. Make sure that you do not have more symptoms. Try to change the material which the stud of the earrings are made. Try between gold, silver or platinum and find out which suits you better.


Answer by  billystiller (132)

In that case you shouldn't wear the jewelry at all. There's not much you can do about it, and no medicine would be effective.


Answer by  sivakumar23 (189)

Take oil one tea spone mix antiseptic powder with it. apply directly on the affected area. becarful it should not enter inside of ear. let it be for 10 mins then wash it. do it repeatedly two or three times per day. with in 5days it will be vanished

You have 50 words left!