Question by  Barb3 (1)

Is it possible that I am allergic to the air inside my house that is cooled during the night?

I keep the windows closed in the daytime. When I go outside, my symptoms disappear. I'm thinking that I'm allergic to indoor air.


Answer by  malone (4817)

It could be a sinus issue, or you might have mold in the house on in the vent system. It is not uncommon to get stuffed up in air-conditioning, and then feel relief when you go outside. Have the ductwork swept out & see your doctor.


Answer by  EZ1989 (7)

No. It sounds like you are allergic to dust, pet dander, or even chemicals you use to freshen your home. By keeping your home closed up you keep the dust and allergens circulating. You should try changing the filters in your air ducts and buying an air purifier.


Answer by  rlb3 (86)

It is unlikely that you are allergic to the 'air' in your house. Dust is responsible for many allergic reactions in the home. Dust can collect in bedding, soft furnishings and mattresses. In addition, people can often be allergic to household detergents, air fresheners, perfume and aerosol deodorants.


Answer by  mgoodman (204)

Many people have molds or mildew or fungi somewhere in their home. Try a HEPA air filter or for vacuuming. It may be in the carpets, walls, or air ducts.


Answer by  tamarawilhite (17883)

One possibility is that there is mold growing in the ducts forced into the home. There may be dust, dust mites or insulation residue entering through the vents.

You have 50 words left!