Question by  JennyBucks (63)

Is it possible to have an allergic reaction to hair highlights?

What would it look like if I was allergic to my highlights?


Answer by  Anonymous

Yes, it happened to me! Swollen face and eyes from the chemicals leaching out of my hair and not actually touching me directly! PPD is the culprit, a very strong chemical. It did not touch my skin directly and I was very ill.


Answer by  Anita27 (656)

People can have an allergic reaction to the chemicals used to highlight hair. Common symptoms are redness and itching of the scalp.


Answer by  Amom (701)

Yes, you can have an allergic reaction to hair dyes. If you do have, a reaction contact your doctor immediately to prevent scalp damage.


Answer by  John (9008)

It is possible to be allergic to the dyes used in hair highlights. It could appear in a lot of different ways, such as a rash, redness or irritation. Breathing difficulties are another possibility. You could have irritated eyes or lungs from these chemicals, if you are allergic, as well. Hives are another possibility.


Answer by  sara99 (851)

Do your roots hurt? Are your rooting changing to an abnormal color? Is there itching or pain? You can be allergic to anything even if you were not adverse to it in the past.

You have 50 words left!