death  legal


Question by  needhelp (1)

What is the Texas law on possessions of dead resident?

Can my brother get dad's storage legally? Sincerely, Confuzed


Answer by  mammakat (11147)

As in all states, there is a process. Without a will, it is up to the state to settle, You need to petition the court to freeze the assets.


Answer by  patti (29325)

If there is no will, possessions are frozen until the matter is probated by the state. Report violations to the the trustee of the estate.


Answer by  flamiss22 (5081)

He can if your dad had a will and made your brother executor of his estate. If there was no will you can contest it in court.

You have 50 words left!