Question by  raja32 (22)

What is out there in the way of financial help for single moms?

i am a single mom who is struggling.


Answer by  bubbyboy (9929)

You can probably get help paying your rent and bills. If you qualify you can get a certain amount of food stamps each month. Other than a welfare check, there isn't any place that will actually give you money each month unless you can get child support from your children's father. Ask your social services what you can get.


Answer by  Travis404607 (3916)

Single moms may be eligible for welfare depending on the number of children they have, the income they get from work, and the income they receive from child support payments, if any. They can also apply for food stamps to help out with groceries, and they can also look into state Medicaid services for healthcare.


Answer by  Kaye (168)

If you live in the US then you can inquire about WIC (Women, Infant, Children) . It's an agency that assist low income families. Every month, you need to drop by at their office and you'll get a check that you can redeem for dairies, cereals from stores like Walmart or Publix. Children 0-5 years are eligible.


Answer by  diva25 (4016)

I would try and see if I could get on some kind of welfare. That would help you a lot. I can also say that using a food shelf might help you out, as well.

You have 50 words left!