dental care


Question by  josie506 (5)

What options does a single unemployed mom have for providing dental care for herself and her children?

me and my 2 children are in real need of proper dental care. i'm a single mom with a low paying job... Please help us find what we need to beable to maintain a healthy life style with a smile!!! thank you, Josie


Answer by  Roland27 (16334)

Josie, you can apply for Medicaid in your state if you need help. There is an income limit but you probably will get it since you have kids. They can provide dental and medical. The kids will probably get free coverage, you however may have to pay. If you have to pay it's only a small amount.


Answer by  Ginger (376)

Call The Department of Health and Human Services. They will provide you with the names of federally-funded health care centers. There is no need to have insurance as they will determine, by your income, what you can afford to pay. If it is determined that you cannot afford the service it will be free.


Answer by  Yen (320)

You should contact the american dental association for a referral in your area. There is a program called dentistry for all. But I am not sure if it is available in your area. Dentistry for all is a discount for those in need. There are also other programs for children(mac van)where volunteer dentist work on children at no charge.


Answer by  sadiesmom (254)

Check into your local Department of Human Services. You may qualify for Medicaid at least on the kids, which would cover dental. You could also check with the local health department and or local schools. They sometimes provide low cost or free dental care.

You have 50 words left!