Question by  Anonymous

What is a 'system admin' and how do I contact one?

Because my laptop keeps coming up with 'you must contact your system amdin' and I don't even know what one is!


Answer by  Marie (778)

The system admin is the person in charge of the computers and programs for your company, and you should contact your company IT staff for help.


Answer by  Heloise (397)

If it is a work computer, "system admin" will be whoever looks after the computers in your company. If it is your own private laptop, "system admin" unfortunately is you!


Answer by  toastedcheese (216)

A system administrator manages a computer network. If you are on a wireless or local network, you should contact IT or ask the network owner for help.


Answer by  ZIelyn (33)

Its basically the person that would be maintaining your computer in a company environment. If you don't have one, bring the laptop to a computer shop to fix it.


Answer by  tamarawilhite (17883)

It means system administrator. If this is your work computer, contact your helpdesk. If it is your private computer, call tech support and get admin rights on your system.

You have 50 words left!