Question by  Bobbin (19)

Who should I contact if I think that my child has delayed large motor skills and speech development problems?

I have twin toddlers and it is very evident that one of them is much more advanced than the other, I am not sure whom I should talk with concerning the delays?


Answer by  Beth77 (49)

Talk to your child's pediatrician. If he has known them since birth, he would be the best person to diagnose any delays. He will also be able to refer you to a specialist in your area.


Answer by  emp (263)

Certainly speak to your pediatrician. Remember that every child is different and will grow at different rates. You can also contact a preschool, they have resources to test children's growth levels.


Answer by  kgrim (510)

Boys generally develope slower than girls, if you have a boy this could be why. You should see your childs pediatrician for a referal to a specialist for indepth testing.


Answer by  Roland27 (16334)

First you will need to talk to his doctor. Then you will probably be referred to a Speech Therapist. Your child will probably need Speech Therapy.


Answer by  Duncan (1124)

You should start by talking with your pediatrician. The issue may be normal, or it could have another cause. Your doctor is in the best position to know, and can refer you to someone who can help.

You have 50 words left!