Question by  Campana (50)

What can I take to get relief for swollen limbs due to an allergic reaction?


Answer by  Roland27 (16334)

You can get temporary relief from the medication called Bendryl. You can get it at any grocery store or Pharmacy. If your swelling does not go down you should go to the emergency room or your doctor in order to get the swelling down. It can be dangerous for you to be so swollen.


Answer by  Ryochan (214)

If the allergic reaction was not caused by it, you can take Benadryl for most allergic reactions, and it should help the swelling as well. You may see it listed as Diphenhydramine as well. I'd also check with your Doctor on the swelling if it doesn't go down.


Answer by  Cookinginbc (383)

Depending on the severity of the reaction a lot of times a antihistamin will help reduce any swelling that has happened.


Answer by  eyeguy (3760)

Antihistamines such as Benadryl are whats used in emergent situations. Benadryl also known as Diphenhydramine comes in pill form and lotions.

You have 50 words left!