Question by  Matthew88 (27)

What can I do about stiffness right above my knee?


Answer by  drJ (841)

Applying heat will usually alleviate joint stiffness. If it is a recurring problem, you can take glucosamine supplements which will help lubricate the joint.


Answer by  Fritz (608)

I would apply ice first and then heat, rotating the ice and heat every fifteen minutes. I would also take some aspirin or tylenol to help with the pain and stiffness.


Answer by  DouglasEarlClore (1236)

If normal stretching, soaking and rest doesn't help, try an appointment with a massage therapist and/or chiroprator. If it persists, see a physical therapist or your family doctor.


Answer by  Huntress (1935)

I advocate heat to help with stiffness. ThermaCare has some wonderful heat wraps that will reduce stiffness significantly especially if you are on the move. There is a roll-on called Stop Pain that also works great! If idle use a heating pad or a microwaveable gel pack.

You have 50 words left!