Question by  Tiberiu (65)

Is there assistance for low income families?

I have 2 children already, and I am pregnant, and I am worried about supporting another child.


Answer by  bubbyboy (9929)

I'm sure your local social services office can answer any questions for you. If you have children and are not working, you can get a check, food stamps and medical cards plus get help with your bills.


Answer by  Connie45 (1110)

Do a search for AFDC in your state) for yourself and your children. Also look into HUD housing for your county. Don't forget child support for each of your children, if you are a single mom.


Answer by  jmrdflcarpenter (515)

Yes, you go to your local DHS office, fill out one of there forms and have an interview with one of the case workers and they will let you know if you qualify for Food Stamps, Cash Assistance, and Medicaid. You can also go to your local Health Department and sign up for WIC as well.


Answer by  MathWiz (1408)

There are a lot of services available for low income families. Try calling your local chapter of the Salvation Army. They will be able to put you in touch with local organizations that might be able to help you.

You have 50 words left!