hvac  safety


Question by  endolvr (31)

Is it a good idea to leave my fan on all the time in my furnace, if mold is growing?

I think mold is growing in my furnace fan.


Answer by  Jennfier (339)

No, you should not let your fan continue to run if you believe mold is growing. Mold can be very dangerous to your health if inhaled. It is important to have the mold removed immediately before it becomes a health hazard. Do you not want to take the risk of the mold being blown into your home from the fan.


Answer by  jaljl25 (547)

No I don't think you should leave the fan on all the time, but it's definitely not making mold grow. It's the dirt inside it.


Answer by  les59 (852)

If you suspect this, it is best to have a Tech come out and service the unit. They can replace the fan, and bleach to get rid of any remaining mold. Running your fan will only spread the mold throughout your house and potentially cause allergies for people allergic to mold and possibly spread it elsewhere.


Answer by  Dreamlight (856)

Most molds aren't dangerous, but there are those that are allergic to mold, so if you know anyone like that it wouldn't be wise to run your furnace fan then. My suggestion would be to save up your money until you can affford someone to remove the mold. It's okay to run your furnace fan; just watch for unusual smells.


Answer by  kipcat (1964)

Mold is very dangerous. Although air will help control the mold, you have a health situation. The mold must be remediated immediately and you should probably leave the house.


Answer by  wwgt (7)

Have you ever heard of BLEACH? it pretty much destroys all mold. Mix some in a solution in water spray bottle. and coat the moldy area's .. then BAM ..mold problem solved

You have 50 words left!