Question by  Venore (38)

Is a 100 amp service panel is adequate for a home?


Answer by  Zorfandel (398)

As long as this type of service panel is not being used for kitchen appliances or heavy equipment there should not be an issue.


Answer by  nicholas34 (606)

yes and no, if you have a single floor house and are responsible with how much power you use at once then yes but if you tend to have a big family and alot of tvs and computers and all new techonology these days pluggged in at once it can overload very easily


Answer by  robhc (6)

Add up amperage of all major appliances that you intend to use in the house, and add 20% to it. If answer is less than 100, then go for it.


Answer by  fightfire50 (23)

totally depends on the draw of the house. Houses with electric heat or central air need 200 amp. With most other houses 100 amp service is more that enough. most homes run out of breaker spaces not electricity.

You have 50 words left!