Question by  tyler13 (92)

If my husband was stung by a wasp yesterday and is vomiting today, should he go to the doctor?


Answer by  Jesse68 (126)

Definatley, he may be having an allegric reaction to the bee sting. If left untreated the symptoms could potentinally get worse. Also, check to see if the site of the sting is extremely swollwen, and watch his breathing. All those symptoms could mean he is allegric.


Answer by  cupcake21 (78)

First make sure the stinger is removed. If swelling occurs apply ice and take Benadryl. In the event of anaphylatic shock symptoms visible would be swelling of face,neck,tongue,fever and vomiting. Medical treatment advised promptly.


Answer by  Anishakap (8)

A sting by a wasp may cause allergic reactions and vomiting may be one of them. If the nauseating feeling and vomiting continues then the doctor should be consulted. This symptom should not be neglected as it may lead to other serious complications like weezing,abdominal colic or other respiratory problems so consult a doctor as soon as possible


Answer by  mediajunkie (592)

Yes, he is probably suffering from an allergic reaction. His body is rejecting the toxins introduced into his body from the wasp's sting and he is vomiting to expel the poisons. Make sure that the stinger is not in the wound, it can be quite small and hard to see.


Answer by  Erynn (1651)

An allergic reaction would have happened immediately. However make sure the wound appears to be clean. It is probably safe to leave it but if in doubt - go.


Answer by  TV (305)

Vomiting after being stung by wasp could be an indication of an allergic reaction. Most people are not allergic to wasp stings and suffer only short term pain from a sting. If there is a concern that he may be allergic, it is best to seek medical advice.


Answer by  elynne (1153)

I would be thinking that a visit would be advised. This sounds like a possible delayed reaction to the posion of the wasp string. It would defintely be wise to be safe than sorry


Answer by  Mgarcia (752)

A wasp sting is a kind of poison. Different people are affected by it differently. If he is vomiting he is strongly affected but you should be more concerned with breathing. If that is affected then go to the doctor.

You have 50 words left!