Question by  albi (1)

I have a dust-like infestation in my kitchen. It is white/yellow in color. What could it be?

I do have some damp in my kitchen. I wiped everything down, but it was coated again the next day.


Answer by  quisqualis (1756)

It probably is not mold or fungus. I would suspect pollen, especially if you have trees in your neighborhood and your windows are open. One feature of pollen you can check for is that when you blow on it, some of it moves. Also, pollen lands on everything equally, whereas fungus requires a moist surface to grow.


Answer by  henry99 (91)

It sounds like a type of mold or mold that has dried and has turned to powder. Try washing things down with Clorox and see it it helps. If it does, try cleaners that resist mold and mildew when you clean your kitchen next time. Check to see if there is a vent blowing from somewhere in that area.

You have 50 words left!