how to


Question by  mic87 (24)

How to change a full mortise to a regular knob?

I need to change the knobs on my house and have no idea how.


Answer by  Atomicrayon (2504)

This is a fairly broad question as there are many different types, and this task is non-inclusive. I would recommend a How To Book like the "For dummies" series. Cheers!


Answer by  jkroller (285)

there will be either screws or a pop off cover plate on the door handle. it could be the faceplate itself. under that there will be screws that need to be removed. on the side of the door are more screws that have to come out. the new door handle will have instructions for installation.


Answer by  champaign9497 (11977)

I did some research on this and it suggests you get a locksmith to do the job other wise you will ruin it and the other knob will never work.


Answer by  lilraesdad (41)

Remove the old door hardware. Measure the depth and the width of the opening left by the old mortise. Cut a piece of wood to match those dimensions. Glue both sides and slide into opening. Let the glue dry. Use a hole saw to make holes for new knobs.

You have 50 words left!