home improvement


Question by  melanie21 (33)

How do you convert a door knob from a full mortise to a regular knob?


Answer by  trudyj (81)

Remove the mortise. Apply thin layers of wood putty, allowing time for each layer to dry, until the hole is filled. Install the new knob as in a new door.


Answer by  Jakecutter (1819)

This is a job that has do-it-yourself written all over it. All you need to do is remove the mortise door knob and plane whatever small surface you have too after removing the metal brackets. Then you install the regular door knob in its place. You may need to fill in some of the bigger holes with putty.


Answer by  Sauve (435)

You just need to take the full mortise out and buy a regular knob and put on the door, you can do it yourself.


Answer by  y3636363 (1380)

You just have to cut the door knob off and then insert a new one. You might have to change the lock inserters though.


Answer by  juanita57 (1374)

You would have to change doors I am thinking. If not you would have to do alot of redoing or fixing the bigger door knob hole.You could do this but it would take alot of skill work.

You have 50 words left!