Question by  tamarawilhite (17883)

How do I obtain an out of state executor for the state of Ohio?

I will be moving out of state and need to assign an out of state executor for my will that will be handled in the state of Ohio.


Answer by  patti (29325)

It is up to your to appoint an executor for your will. This could be a family member, your attorney or a close friend.


Answer by  Liz59 (10966)

Well, you can arrange to contact some out of state executors outside of Ohio. Search through the web or look through a directory of contacts.


Answer by  LadyLawyer (325)

Your probate estate will be handled wherever the body and its primary residence resides. For instance, if you live in Minnesota, and die in Minnesota, but have ancillary property in Ohio, then the probate would be Minnesota. Your will may suggest an executor in Ohio to handle that property.


Answer by  Huntress (1935)

In Ohio an out of state executor may be assigned if the executor is related by blood or marriage. You definitely should get a consultation with an attorney.


Answer by  Liz59 (10966)

Well basically its going to be in your will to decide you want as an executor. If you want to get one outside of the state, then you just have to look around. You can search on the internet if there are any sorts of executors available. Also look through some contacts.


Answer by  wwgt (7)

Well, I live in Texas, however, send me twenty bucks and I will act as the administrator of this situataion. jk ! I dont know

You have 50 words left!