Question by  ryry806 (30)

If I work an internship in another state how do I go about paying state income tax?

I worked over the summer out of state and need to know what state I pay the state income tax in.


Answer by  drJ (841)

You pay income tax in the state you lived in at the time. If you became a resident of the state where you did your internship, you would have to file a tax return for that state. If you kept your home residency, you would pay taxes in that state only.


Answer by  jp1999 (231)

You are liable to pay taxes to the state which you worked in. You will have to file a non-residential tax return with that state.

You have 50 words left!