Question by  jgibson43 (1)

How do I earn back the trust of my husband after cheating on him 6 months ago?

I've cheated on him and in turn he cheated on me with his ex-wife. This bothers me but I feel like it's my fault. I try to listen to his concerns and nothing is working. He still makes comments and puts me down.


Answer by  lonelywolf (2117)

Get marriage counseling. Preferably for both of you, but for yourself especially. One thing to keep in mind is that he may now feel sexually inadequate, and he is putting you down to compensate. Try to build up his confidence in his sexual ability. But make sure you get counseling.


Answer by  Doomstoned (1454)

His behavior indicates that he is both a venegeful and insecure person. In light of this, restoring his trust in you may take a very long time and the possibly exists that it may never happen. Often times, situations like these can benefit from the involvement of a third party to arbitrate and therefore, you should consider entering marital therapy.


Answer by  pagan23 (1342)

I hate to say it, but it sounds like you need to move on from each other. Clearly you two aren't on the same page at all.

You have 50 words left!