Question by  smifthbf (31)

How do I file abandonment charges?

Three months ago my husband left the house to go visit his mother and never returned, turns out he moved in with his secretary. I would like to file abandonment charges so I can stay in the house and keep the kids.


Answer by  eagle22 (11)

If you can afford it, by all means consult a competent lawyer in your area. If you can't, you need an attorney who does some free work. Try calling the office of a local politician for advice about whom you should talk to. Remember that laws vary in different states.


Answer by  Brittney (1095)

Being that you have children you will need to get an attorney. Your attorney will be able to file those charges for you.


Answer by  liblue (683)

Depending on the state abandonment charges will stick best when filing for divorce. Consult a lawyer and document everything that has happened and try to get proof. Judges will look at whole pictures of a case including abuse,neglect,financial and other circumstances. Your husband may have to pay for any court costs.


Answer by  SIDDHU (861)

You can go to the court and file abandonment charges citing your that husband left you and your kids and never returned. The court will fix a date for hearing and your husband will be sent a warrant to come to the court which will then decide the action.

You have 50 words left!