real estate


Question by  Bulbasor (14)

How can you end a real estate encroachment?

I need to stop a real estate encroachment.


Answer by  mem4dr (1378)

Generally the first step is to send a cease and desist letter, informing the encroaching party that you will pursue legal action if they do not end the encroachment. If the letter fails to get their attention, the next step is to contact a lawyer who will then help you file a suit against the encroaching party.


Answer by  tamarawilhite (17883)

Have a platt or map of your property line. Then clearly mark that property line. The next step is to notify those encroaching on your property where the property line is. If they have planted plants or put buildings there, give them verbal and then written notice to remove it.


Answer by  ijlalnoor (2656)

You could ask the owner of that property, if he doesn't pay attention then you could even go to the court.


Answer by  Devin98 (487)

There are a few ways you can handle this. The best way is to ask the person to move whatever is encroaching - as in a shed. If the encroaching object can't be moved then it becomes a matter of providing either a deeded portion of the land or right-of-way at a cost for the encroachment.

You have 50 words left!