Question by  worker78 (3)

How can I stop vaginal burning and hurting?

This has been going on for about a week.


Answer by  Carrie55 (204)

Go to your doctor immediately. Burning and hurting may be signs of an infection. Without treatment, an infection could travel to other parts of your body through your urethra. Early treatment can prevent long-term health consequences.


Answer by  mannersandsuch (1796)

You might have a yeast infection or something more serious. See your doctor first but if she says its a yeast infection the treatment is an easy cream that you find over the counter.


Answer by  mpartin (1600)

You should seek medical attention from your primary care physician. This may require antibiotics if an infection is involved and you have been running an elevated temperature.


Answer by  sue123 (375)

You need to schedule an appointment with your OB/GYN or family Dr. to find out what is causing your symptoms. It is likely that you have a bladder infection or a yeast infection. Quick and painless testing will tell your Dr. what type of infection you have and that will let him/her know what type of medication to prescribe.


Answer by  lladybugg (153)

It may be a yeast infection - there are over the counter drugs to assist with this. Also, try dabbing white vinegar on the area :)

Reply by Verymoody (3):
White vinegar will burn. See your doctor.  add a comment

Answer by  Missy74 (262)

If the vaginal burning and hurting has been going on for that long you should definitely talk to your doctor about it or ask your local pharmacist for a suggestion. You could have an infection so find out about it.


Answer by  tamarawilhite (17883)

This is probably a yeast infection or bacterial infection. Use an over the counter yeast infection kit. If the problem remains, see a doctor.

You have 50 words left!