Question by  hxls (23)

How can I obtain an Equity card?

Are there some minimum number of performances or something?


Answer by  Trillium (102)

No, once you are hired to be in a theatrical event the producer who has hired you and is doing a "Equity" show will ensure you become a member of the performers union in accordance with his union contract, you will sign a card and pay dues.


Answer by  swizz (390)

There are no minimum performances but you need to be employed under an Equity Contract. You also need to be affiliated with Equity sister's union such as AEA and SAG.You need to check the Equity website and see which is the right union for you.


Answer by  Liz59 (10966)

Yes to get your card, you need to recognize that it is very competitive. Many people actually compete for this. The more experience you have in this field the better off you will be. Have about 30 solid performances ready that can support you in the quest. Good luck in your goal!


Answer by  Chris3456 (37)

Be a member of a "sister union" -- SAG, AFTRA, or AGMA. Members of these unions can also register for AEA. And i think that's all you have to do.


Answer by  dr84bhl (2789)

You have to prove that you are eligible and are a professional in the acting business or entertaining industry.In order to be elected you have to have the vote of a majority of members, then you will be eligible for the equity card.


Answer by  LeheckaG (1826)

Join either: Actors' Equity Association/AEA () or Equity-UK (.UK) and pay their $42 to $400 actor's-labor-union-annual-dues. No minimum number-of-performances, just be an actor or stage-manager and pay your AEA-labor-union-dues.


Answer by  Marsha (2337)

Getting your Equity card isn't easy. The quickest way to obtain one would be to work for a company like Disney that gives them out after you work for them for a certain period of time. Otherwise, you will have to keep doing jobs racking up the Equity points.


Answer by  Liz59 (10966)

Yes, there are a number of performances you have to perform for building your own experience. But you have to apply for the card and you have to demonstrate that you are indeed an actor, not some wannabe. If you get what I'm saying, proof is required to obtain the card.


Answer by  mansi (521)

A) Gain employment under Equity Contract. B) Be a member of a "sister union" -- SAG, AFTRA, or AGMA. C) The Equity Membership Candidate Program. This means is you are an actor or stage manager-in-training you can register with AEA and earn credit towards eventual membership.

You have 50 words left!