Question by  Kitty (22)

How can I get help from the government if I leave my parents' home?


Answer by  mama86 (245)

If you are under a certain age and leave home the government may not be able to offer much help unless it's been determined that you are not allowed to live with them and it's not safe for you. Other wise as long as your in school they can help.


Answer by  LouB (294)

This depends on several factors. If you are under 18, they are more options available. Research this on your state's government website as this varies from state to state.


Answer by  dr84bhl (2789)

You will be able to claim for your rent and if you have to pay a council tax you will be eligible for help for this.


Answer by  G12345 (1808)

It really depends on your age and the state you are in. The state will give you welfare if you are legaly independent.


Answer by  mem4dr (1378)

If you are a minor (under 18), you cannot just run away from home. If there is abuse occurring in your home, first tell a trusted adult. That adult can then help you talk to Child Protective Services - if CPS decides that you are in danger, then you will often be placed, at least temporarily, in a foster home.


Answer by  connievg1109 (7)

if you decide to leave your parents home at age 18 you can get help from the Goverment if you don't have enough income. You could applie for Goverment assistants like food stamps and cash assistants. On the other hand if there are any children involved you would easily qualifie for foodstamps,medicaid and cash assistants.


Answer by  jb78 (40)

I got grant money for college from my State Government because I didn't live at home and my room mate at the time wasn't working either.


Answer by  diva25 (4016)

If you are under the age of 18 you can get emancipated, meaning that your parents will have to pay a certain amount to help you out each month. If you are over the age of 18 you will have to look around. Call the country for more advice.

You have 50 words left!