Question by  julied31 (19)

How can I get assistance with paying my medical bills?

I have extensive medical bills for my son due to him being premature and having many medical needs.


Answer by  worker7186 (198)

There are several different ways to get assistance with paying your medical bills. First off have you tried getting state assistance, many states have programs for people with low income. Then there are Free medical care from charities, such as Shepherd's hope. The Government also gives out grants to those who qualify, to pay off past medical bills.


Answer by  tamarawilhite (17883)

Contact the hospital's billing department, explain your financial difficulties, and ask if they have charitable programs that can help. Or contact your church or the Salvation Army for help.


Answer by  henners (568)

Go to the hospital or health center were the bills were incurred and ask to speak with a social worker and/or someone in the billing department. If you can show need they will be able to assist you.


Answer by  worker9726 (8)

Any time I have eve had any issues with paying bills, having food to eat. I have looked in the phone book for agencies offering assistance. I also know there is a universal number 211 that you can dial for help. United Way also helps. Username box not allowing writing.

You have 50 words left!