Question by  Uareanidiot (19)

How can I get a medical POA?

I need to get a medical power of attorney for my mother.


Answer by  patti (29325)

You mother must grant you Power of Attorney. If she is comatose or incompetent, you may petition the court to make you the executor of her affairs, which would include a court-assigned POA. Other family members may have input as to the selection of the caretaker and POA. There is no "medical power of attorney" per se.


Answer by  mammakat (11147)

Your mother needs to give this right to you, or you have to go before the court and obtain it based on cause. If your mother is incapable, you need to have good cause to present to the court, so you need to consult with her doctors.


Answer by  mdjames26 (533)

You will need to get a lawyer to draft the documents and you will a judge or physician to rule that she is legally incompetent. Once the document is drafted you will need to get a witness to atest to the signing and you may or may not need the endorsement of other relatives if your mother will not sign.


Answer by  flamiss22 (5081)

You have to get some supporting documentation like a doctor, social worker or your mother herself. Then you need to get a judge to agree with the recommendation and agree to appoint you as your mother's guardian. There will be a time frame and what you are able and what limitations will be there.


Answer by  Brittney (1095)

If your mother has not appointed you power of attorney then you will need to go to court. You will need to get a doctor to write up a statement saying that your mother can not make decisions for herself, and the judge will grant it for you.

You have 50 words left!