how to


Question by  srange47 (2)

I have POA over my 95 year old uncle, and I need to cash in 30,000. 00 Bond for him, that was purchased in 1992, how do I do this?


Answer by  CarrieZee (189)

The process depends on a number of factors, such as what type of bond it is and the date of maturity. Information about the specific process for your uncle's bond, should be available from the granting agency.


Answer by  nicholas34 (606)

go to google and type in "local reliable and efficient bonds man close to me" and find a good bonds man, they should be able to help you with this in less then 7 work days atleast and you should have your uncles 30,000 dollars in a matter of a week or 2


Answer by  silli586 (1103)

You will need to go to the bank at which the bond was purchased in order to make this transaction. You will need to bring along any paper work that came with the purchasing of the bond, such as receipts, etc. Make sure you also bring a photo id as well.


Answer by  champaign9497 (11977)

The only thing you need to do is when you go to cash it in make sure you have your power of attorney papers with you.


Answer by  champaign9497 (11977)

You need to contact an attorney they would be the only one that could give you the proper procedure to follow to do it without paying any penalties on the bond when you cash it in if you do it wrong they will charge you a penalty if the bond hasn't come to its full maturity.


Answer by  catysuzgirl2000 (578)

Note that you can only redeem $1,000 at a time only. Otherwise you'll need to sign the back of the bonds in front of a certifying bank officer.

You have 50 words left!