crime  legal


Question by  nabbott86 (2)

Can my wife leave the state?

My wife has a restraining order that says she can't leave the state. What would happen to her and my daughter now that she is out of the state?


Answer by  tamarawilhite (17883)

She is in violation of a restraining order. Have the judge charge her with contempt, which in most cases is a fine, not jail time. If she left the state to prevent visitation, she is also in contempt and interference with custody arrangements, a separate crime.


Answer by  Dean (4035)

Go to thet court that issued the RO. The judge will issue an arrest warrant for your wife and order her returned to the state.


Answer by  Michele13 (1188)

That means she could get arrested if she does try to leave,and your daughter could be put in foster care.Tell her not to leave unless she sees a judge.


Answer by  diva25 (4016)

Well I would imagine that she could get arrested for that since there is a legal order that sys that she can't. I guess she could get arrested for that. I don't think anything would happen to your daughter though, unless she can't leave the state either, unless she is helping your wife escape and lying to the police.


Answer by  patti (29325)

Go to the Clerk of Court's office. File a motion to be heard on this matter. Tell the judge what has happened. He will likely issue a warrant.

You have 50 words left!