Question by  prasanthi (56)

Can I sue my co-worker for harassment and making insulting remarks about my family?

This person's behavior has hurt the integrity of the company I work for.


Answer by  Darry (3853)

You can sue your co-worker for defamation of character but it will be a difficult case to win. A better plan may be to talk to your work superiors.


Answer by  patti (29325)

If the person has hurt the company, then the company must take action, not you. You cannot sue for remarks about your family. You must be able to prove harassment and document, by way of medical and/or psychiatric records, how you were badly affected.


Answer by  mammakat (11147)

Harassment really varies, from town, and state. In many places it must be sexual in nature, or not regulated at all. You really need to go to your supervisor, HR, and keep going up the line and document everything. Consult your police. If you perceive a threat, CALL THE POLICE.


Answer by  MSH (305)

you should discuss this matter with HR in your company first to see if this matter can be resolve, if they do nothing sue both

You have 50 words left!