Question by  brazilboy17 (1)

How do I sue a business?

How can I sue a business over a racial issue?


Answer by  olive8 (911)

If it is a employment discrimination situation you can go to the EEOC, otherwise you can sue as an individual. Go to your local court's website to find the exact rules and procedures for filing your claim. If possible, obtain a lawyer because a business is likely to have one, and you will want to be on equal footing.


Answer by  patti (29325)

Racial discrimination is a violation of federal law. You must visit the EEOC Office and discuss the matter with a representative, who will then investigate and determine if legal action is in order. At that point you can decide whether to go forward with a lawsuit.


Answer by  sherryk (621)

It depends on WHY you're sueing. I'm a wholesaler. When an account wouldn't pay for merchandise they bought, I used Small Claims Court because the claim was under $1500 (limits vary from court to court). Had the $ amount been higher,I would have had to use a Civil Court.

You have 50 words left!