Question by  Lila (30)

What should I know if I am considering living in Cozumel?


Answer by  jclick (1561)

If you plan to live in Mexico you will need a FM3 visa (long-term, non-immigrant visa). Your tourist visa will only allow you to stay a maximum of six months.


Answer by  John (9008)

You need to speak Spanish fluently and be prepared for a different culture. Also, hurricanes are a frequent problem and you should be ready for them.


Answer by  Dean (4035)

Consider the local economy. Investigate immigration law and what is required in the way of a visa. You likely will not be able to work, at least not above board. Remember that being a tourist and being a resident are vastly different.


Answer by  Taran (716)

Cozumel is in Mexico, there are less job oppurtunites, so do your homework of searching about this place in detail.Teaching can be one of the option .


Answer by  rodrigocetina (10)

Take into consideration age and if you'll find competent Health Care, might not always be the case. Heard Merida has the best health care around, private HC is top notch... but alas! no beach!

You have 50 words left!