what to do


Question by  septh (6)

What should I do if my cousin sexually abused me?

I have not told anyone and this happened 3 years ago.


Answer by  Darkephoenix (1789)

I am so sorry for what happened. First, inform someone who will believe you, you'll need the support. Second, have them arrested, do not let them do this to someone else. Be prepared for MAJOR family fall out from it. Third, and most important put yourself in therapy. Now.


Answer by  technogeek (6640)

You need to tell someone who will believe you before they do it to someone else. Talk to your parents or your pastor.


Answer by  SashaDarkCloud (5764)

I think you should tell someone. Try talking to a psychologist or psychiatrist to at least be able to have that weight off your shoulders.


Answer by  jtpaag (473)

Get help for yourself first. Tell somebody - call a sex abuse hot-line, you can be anonymous; seek their help and guidance.


Answer by  worker4530 (303)

While there would be no basis for a court case, I highly recommend telling someone you trust. You shouldn't have to be alone in this.


Answer by  gleverance (720)

The first thing to do is to go to someone you trust and tell them. It's going to be difficult, but you need to do it.

You have 50 words left!