Question by  EarlOfSandwich (177)

What should I do if I was bitten by a tiny red spider that resulted in my breaking out in hives and it being hard to swallow?

I was bitten by a tiny red spider and have hives and it is hard to swallow.


Answer by  fiddlefaddle (883)

Consult a doctor and get medical attention immediately. Hives and problems swallowing is a sure sign of an allergic reaction.


Answer by  mooman2679 (1018)

I'm not sure what it is but it sounds like you need to go to the doctor. You are having a reaction to whatever it is.


Answer by  tml (538)

More than likely you are allergic to the particular spider that bit you. The difficulty in swallowing is a symptom of such an acute reaction. Your best approach is to go to the hospital. Have a doctor identify your reaction and the spider. With the two, the doctor can prescribe a treatment for the next time you are bit.


Answer by  kasey1720 (169)

You may have Anaphylaxis, a life-threatening allergic reaction that is characterized by hives, shortness of breath, wheezing, and weakness. Please consult with a doctor as soon as possible. Some spider bites can be very serious.

You have 50 words left!