what to do


Question by  Hillaricious (16)

What should I do if I have been diagnosed with a twisted vertebrae?

What kind of doctor do I need to see? What are my options for treatment?


Answer by  DStone (817)

You will want to consult an orthapedic surgeon to evaluate the condition, which can be reffered to you by your GP. Depending on the severity and location, often times, surgery is the only option. Other times, it is possible to learn stretching techniques that will sooth any discomfort and prevent injury.


Answer by  docryan (84)

This would have been a question to ask whoever diagnosed you with it in the first place. You would first of all go back and see your primary care physician as they will provide you with the correct course of action. If you do not have a primary care i would suggest you consult a chiropractor.


Answer by  eilrol (1431)

The doctor you see is a chiropractor which specializes in the spine. I believe the best treatment for this is physical therapy. I wouldn't recommend you doing this yourself!


Answer by  CarrieZee (189)

Treatment for twisted vertebrae should be guided by an orthopedist who specializes in back disorders. Recommended treatments for this condition will depend on the loction and severity of the problem.


Answer by  vap1961 (52)

If you have a twisted vertebrate the best doctor to see is a chriopractor. He will give you an ajustment to help relieve the pain. This will be very helpful.


Answer by  patty1956 (42)

Start with a visit to a Chiropractor. Your problem may be able to be corrected with spinal manipulation. Xrays will be done to determine if any other areas need to be adjusted due to trauma caused by the vertebrae. Another option you may have is surgery. Your family doctor and chiropractor can refer you to a specialist.


Answer by  NYCCDC (311)

You might have a faulty Dx or someone may be saying you are out of alignment. The vertebrae can be slightly misaligned but usually it is the result of a lack of motion in the joints of your spine. Consider chiropractic care or physical therapy if it is painful.


Answer by  soapjunkie (581)

Spondylolisthesis (twisted vertebrae) would require you to see an orthopedic doctor, who may prescribe some or all of the following: bed rest, activity restrictions, medication, brace, or surgery.


Answer by  champaign9497 (11977)

Only a doctor can answer that properly. Youy need to go see your regular doctor and they will then refer you out to a specialist there really isn't a lot os specialists that will take you without a referal.


Answer by  genuis2010 (123)

The physician to see in this situation is an Orthopedics Doctor.You need to be very stable and not bend or put pressure on your spine.Next see an orthopedics guy.Generally you will also be referred to a Neurologist.Treatment ranges from surgery to pain and anti-inflammatory medications, and also involve physical therapy.


Answer by  Bobinski (1652)

Your vertebrae should be treated by an Orthopedic doctor. If surgery is required, either an Orthopedic surgeon or a neurologist. Some go to chiropractors for twisted vertebrae, really doesn't help. Physical therapy can be beneficial. If you're not having pain I would not really worry about it, but if you have pain, go to a doctor to prevent nerve damage.

You have 50 words left!