Question by  surat (76)

What should I do if I am 55 and forced out of my job?



Answer by  avalanchebad (164)

I would recommend trying to find a program at a community college for a job that might interest you. In my hometown, a factory closed down, and many of the displaced workers flocked to the community college to get certificates in various programs. Community colleges are great for older students who haven't had schooling for a while.


Answer by  debbie80 (161)

Immediately contact an attorney who specializes in age discrimination cases. Be prepared to present your case and to have all documentation.


Answer by  drJ (841)

If you can prove that your termination was due solely to your age, you may be able to file an age discrimination lawsuit against your former employer.


Answer by  Samantha57 (391)

The first thing you should do is to contact your state's labor department to determine whether you qualify for unemployment insurance benefits, which can help you stay afloat.


Answer by  tamarawilhite (17883)

1. Accept early retirement from your job and then seek part time employment. 2. Begin looking for full time employment.

You have 50 words left!