Question by  harveys (24)

What is the process of having someone declared incompetent?

I would like to have my grandmother declared incompetent and need to procedures.


Answer by  patti (29325)

Your grandmother must be declared incompetent by a physician. Once that determination is made, you can file a motion in court to have someone appointed to handle her affairs.


Answer by  Mary (2095)

It depends on what state you live in. Most likely you will need to hire an attorney and that attorney will hire experts that can attest to the competency of the person.

You have 50 words left!