Question by  chris70 (301)

What is involved with the voluntary termination of a parents rights and modification of child support?

I would like to terminate my rights as a father so I do not have to pay child support.


Answer by  Allie74 (105)

In some cases the judge my not offer you termination of your paternal rights, but if you are offered them you will not be required to pay child support.


Answer by  patti (29325)

Not happening. Until rights are terminated at the request of the mother in order for her new husband to adopt the child, you are the responsible parent and you will pay support. If what you are suggesting were possible, millions of deadbeat dads would beeline to the courthouse.


Answer by  jordanhammer (65)

I do not know of a single court that will allow you to voluntarily terminate your rights to avoid paying child support.


Answer by  mamamia (32)

That would all depend on the aggrement that will be set up in the courts between the parents and lawyers. The child may not be able to have the opportunties that is leed in life if thay have to count on just the support from one parent.

You have 50 words left!