Question by  hsttraolcom (17)

Do I need a lawyer for modification of my child support payments?


Answer by  asher2 (16)

No. You can go to the clerks office at your local court house and ask for a affidavit to have your child support adjusted and file it with the courts. A hearing will be set, you need to able to provide proof of all information you put on the affidavit.


Answer by  Srr (105)

If you and your spouse have a reasonable relationship, you can sit down and try and work things out. If not, you will have to go to court, and you are always at a disadvantage when you go to court without a lawyer (especially if your ex has one).


Answer by  tamarawilhite (17883)

A lawyer is not required but is recommended. The request for modification is more likely to be approved if a lawyer can explain why it is required and help you with all documentation needed to make your case.


Answer by  Latin4 (11170)

Yes, any modification of your divorce or child support should be handled by a lawyer. They know what steps to take and how to handle the situation. The average person is not well versed in these matters. and you need all the protection you can get.

You have 50 words left!