Question by  Jeremy (16)

What is a good way to treat itchy bumpy skin?

I seem to be having an allergic reacation to something.


Answer by  lilov87 (30)

If you have itchy and bumpy skin, it sounds like an allergic reaction. I would suggest using the benadryl gel that comes in a bottle. Apply that to the affected area. If its all over, I would take a benadryl pill and that should help relieve the itching and bumps.


Answer by  gin (366)

You can use benedryl cream if it is an allergic reacation. It is important to find out what you are having an allergy to. The best way to treat the reaction is to know what is causing it so that it does not get worse or come back. Cortazone cream works well too.


Answer by  csaw (100)

You need to start with taking benedryl once you get the hives. It should help within 15 - 20 minutes. You also need to try and figure out what is causing the reaction. Is it food, detergent, body soap, a meterial in your clothing, etc.? There are also many OTC creams and prescription creams.


Answer by  HawaiianGirl (6906)

If you have itchy and bumpy skin it is very likely that you are having an allergic reaction to a particuar food or something else that you have come into contact with. In order to soothe the itching you can try an over the counter antihistamine such as benadryl, claritin or zyrtec which should ease the symptoms.


Answer by  jmrdflcarpenter (515)

Try taking some Benadryl Allergy, it may help. If not they have a Benadryl spray out on the market that you may want to try and if none of the above works you may have to go to your doctor and they will prescribe you something.

You have 50 words left!